As a current customer of Gallen Insurance Inc, we would like to take this opportunity to both thank you for your business and to share with you the importance our agency places upon protecting the privacy of information we gather from you in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Gallen Insurance is a member of the financial services industry and as such, out agency has been and continues to be subject to federal and state privacy laws regarding the collection and exchange of your information.
Information we collect and the means used to collect:
Gallen Insurance collects information about our customers that is necessary to provide those services usual and customary to independent insurance agents. Gallen insurance collects this necessary information from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or tax forms, financials, and supplemental applications. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, and date of birth.
- Information about our client’s transactions with us; this information may include, but is not limited to, claims and payment information.
- Information we receive from a customer-reporting agency; this information may include, but is not limited to, a driving record or insurance score report.
To collect customer information from the above-stated sources, Gallen Insurance may use the following means of communication to gather information: written, in-person, telephone, facsimile, electronically, and online.
How we share client information with non-affiliated third parties:
We do not share information about our customers or former customers with non-affiliated third parties other than as permitted or required by law. For example, Gallen Insurance may share all the information listed above with the non-affiliated third parties for, including but not limited to the following reasons;
- Information that is necessary to service or process the insurance needs of our clients, in a manner that is consistent with the usual and customary services provided by independent insurance agencies. Such usual and customary services or proccesses provided by Gallen Insurance to its customers include, but are not limited to, underwriting, shopping the renewal, rating, placement and providing quotes for insurance that is germane to the coverage the customer places with our agency.
- Information that is necessary to protect the confidentiality or security of our client’s records.
- Information that is necessary to resolve client disputes and inquiries.
- Information that is required by individuals or entities who are assessing legal compliance.
- Information that is required by Gallen Insurance to comply with the law to an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
- Information that is necessary to protect against or prevent fraud, unauthorized transaction, claims or other liability.
How we share client information with affiliated parties:
We do not share client information with any other affiliate.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We maintain physical. electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard our information. These safeguards include, but are not limited to, the following:
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about our clients and former clients to those employees who need to know that information in order to assist in providing services or products to the customer.
- We will punish any employees who share client information without permission.
- We use secure Internet and e-mail provider to protect the confidentiality of electronic communication.