Did you get started on your Home Inventory checklist?? If not, here a few tips to get you started:
- Photograph and video each room of your home, make sure to open drawers and cabinets.
- Record Serial numbers for electrical items and appliances.
- Scan receipts for big ticket items so you have an electronic back up.
- Continuously update your home inventory checklist as you acquire more items.
- Complete a home checklist and store multiple copies outside of the home, like in a safety deposit box, a relative’s home and a copy on the cloud.