Karen is an Account Executive in our Commercial Lines Department and our Non-Profit Specialist. She specializes in the quoting and service on small businesses. We spent some time asking her pesky questions so you can know a little more about someone you work with.
Karen started in the insurance industry back in 1983, starting as a data entry specialist at CNA in the assigned risk auto department. She worked her way to the audit department handling most of the country. What was originally supposed to be a part time job turned into a lifetime career. She has worked at Gallen for 15 years and continues to be one of our greatest assets.
Karen is married to her wonderful husband, Kevin (whom she met at CNA). They have one son, Jonathan who is a graduate of Penn State.
A few more interesting questions…
- One word to describe yourself? “Organized”
- If you could have one super power, what would you choose? Breathe underwater without aid
- Favorite song to sing at karaoke? Paradise by the dashboard light by Meatloaf
- Favorite sport & team? Football – Miami Dolphins
- Favorite Recipe? Roasted paprika red potatoes
- If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed to bring 3 things, what would they be? A very large jigsaw puzzle, water, and sweet & sour shrimp
- Who is your celebrity crush? Jon Bon Jovi & Pierce Brosnan
- What would the title of your autobiography be? Car Crazy
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Lack of communication
- What is your worst fear? Going over large bridges, like the Commodore Barry
- What is something no one at the office knows about you? I used to own horses and also gave trail rides at a local horse farm in Boyertown (many, many years ago!).