Mike works in our Benefits Department which specializes in life and health insurance. He has worked tirelessly to ensure each and every one of his clients is adequately protected, and delivering extraordinary customer service is one of his top priorities.
Born in South Korea, Mike was adopted as an infant and spent his toddler years in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. In the late 1980s, his parents settled in Wyomissing, and Mike established roots in Berks County ever since.
From 2003 to 2007, he attended the University of Pittsburgh, where he double-majored in Marketing and Communication Science.
Upon graduation, Mike returned to his hometown to begin his career. From 2008 to 2010, he worked as a business development representative at the Berks County CareerLink. There, he helped establish links between employers and job-seekers, pairing up hundreds of applicants with businesses seeking qualified help.
However, in 2011, Mike’s interest shifted to insurance. With new laws and guidelines on the horizon, the health insurance landscape was on the brink of revolutionary change. How would businesses owners know how to adjust? How would the individuals Mike worked with face-to-face know how to navigate the innumerable perils in front of them? This was a potential minefield.
With that in mind, Mike shifted gears. He went to work for Gallen Insurance so that he could further look out for those who he had worked with in the past. Insurance, oft-neglected and overlooked, is still a necessary part of life. It has helped countless families in times of trouble. It’s expensive – trust us, we know, we have to have it, too! – but independent agents like Mike help you find the most comprehensive yet affordable coverage out there.
Gallen Insurance employs people like Mike to help YOU. We have no allegiance to any particular company. Only you – our neighbor, our friend.
We spent some time with Mike and asked him some random questions. Here are his answers.
- One word to describe yourself? Hungry – both literally and figuratively. Hungry for more challenges, but also hungry for food. I love to eat.
- If you could have one super power, what would you choose? I suppose flight is too generic? How about the ability to speak/understand all languages? That would be pretty sweet.
- Favorite song to sing at karaoke? “Kung Fu Fighting”. Ok, but seriously, probably “I Want You Back” by the Jackson 5. It’s a crowd pleaser, and I can absolutely nail that song. Can’t say that about too many others!
- Favorite sport & team? Huge fan of baseball, and the Phillies are my team!
- Favorite Recipe? Recipe? I can barely heat up ramen noodles properly.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and were allowed to bring three things, what would they be? Ah, the classic question. I’ll need a glass, rum, and one of those umbrella straws. Might as well enjoy the sunlight.
- Who is your celebrity crush? Natalie Portman. Amazing actress, Harvard grad, beautiful, funny, talented woman. Need I say more?
- What would the title of your autobiography be? “How to Succeed in Business but Having to Try Really, Really Hard”
- Have you ever been told you resemble a celebrity? If yes, who? Every Asian actor in every movie ever.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? When other drivers refuse to use their turn signals. Come on, people.
- What is your worst fear? Oh, you know, the usual – heights, drowning, dying alone.
- What is something no one at the office knows about you? I collect restaurant menus and currently have over 200. Many of them are leather-bound. Want to see them? Give me a shout!
Contact Mike at 610-898-6532 or firstname.lastname@example.org today to discuss your personal insurance needs!